Cornlistleschamp Admin replied

295 weeks ago

Download Escape From L.A.

Show Spoiler

a5c7b9f00b The year is 2013 and Snake Plissken is back but this time it's L.A., which through the agency of earthquakes has become an island of the damned. But something has gone wrong in this new moral order, because the President's daughter has absconded to L.A. with a detonation device, and Snake is commandeered to retrieve it. But just below the surface there is a coiled Snake ready to strike.
The year is 2013. Like New York, Los Angeles has been turned into a prison island for the United State's most undesirable criminals, like New York, Los Angeles is surrounded by a wall so no convict can escape from L.A and once deported to L.A. you can never return to the American mainland which has become a moral society. 16-years after he escaped from New York, One-Eyed former soldier Snake Plissken now the United State's most wanted outlaw is once again given another job for his freedom by the new President and L.A's security commander Malloy. Snake is sent into L.A. to recover a doomsday device that shuts all power sources on Earth from brutal terrorist Curevo Jones and the President's runaway daughter Utopia who has been brainwashed by Curveo into stealing the doomsday device, and the President personally wants Snake to eliminate Utopia for betraying her country. Like New York, Snake is injected with a engineered virus which will kill him in 9 hours if Snake fails the mission, if Snake succeeds in completing the mission, he will be given the antidote. Entering L.A, now inhabited by criminals, runaway teenagers, prostitutes and brutal gangs. Snake sets out to recover the doomsday device and kill Utopia,Curevo and his army of terrorists prepares to invade the United States and can Snake escape from L.A. before the virus kills him in 9 hours?
We are not really meant to take much of this seriously. This comes acrossalmost a parody of the much earlier "Escape From New York" of '81. It's intentional, because the locale has switched to Los Angeles from New York City. Where New York is gritty, L.A. is just silly. NYC is dark; L.A. is light - you get the idea. At least, L.A. appears to have been co-opted by all the silly elements known for the area: plastic surgery, wave surfing, vapid residents and so on. There are some nice wave / quake FX in the prologue, explaining how L.A. is now an island. Then Carpenter moves into full dark satire mode, introducing a deranged religious fundamentalist obsessive (Robertson)the President of the USA (Carpenter seems most comfortable taking potshots at the Presidency, even though this was during the Clinton era). The film pretty much duplicates the plot of the earlier film; in this case, top cop Keach substitutes for the van Cleef character. Snake (Russell) is drafted once again into a 'mission impossible' journey, looking angry during the whole thing.<br/><br/>Once again, Snake encounters weird natives in a land which, though technically part of the U.S., seems to be on another planet (actually, we learn the crazy Prez did strike L.A. off the U.S.map). L.A. is anarchy, with everyone doing whatever they're into, usually weird stuff. We're back to the premise of what strange thing will Snake see next? But, though there is dangerous gang activity,in the previous film, I'm surprised even the grim Snake didn't break into a grin or even start laughing at some of the ludicrous elements he encounters. You keep picturing his thought processes, such'you gotta be kidding me,' for most of the film. The entertainment value is there - especially for fans of the darker "Escape From New York." At least they have the Snake character back for one more outing, even if in an 'Escape-lite' version. When we get to the execution-style basketball challenge, replacing the standard arena of the 1st film, I was ready to think 'ok, this is too much' - this crosses the line for silliness. But, I admit, that's probably the one scene I look forward to seeing again in re-viewing the picture. I also admit I like the finale - it's pure nihilistic Carpenter / Plissken.
There are some good things about this movie, suchthe setting and the ending, but generally I think the original, Escape from New York, is a far superior movie. The plot was exactly the same and in essence it was simply a remake of the original movie with better effects.<br/><br/>The thing that irritated me the most about this movie was Snake Blisken. Now I like Kurt Russell but I thought that this character was very contrived. It wasif he was trying too hard to be a cynical and selfish character rather than simply falling into the role. The character seemed to smooth out later in the movie, but at first it seemed to be very contrived.<br/><br/>The plot is that the daughter of the president stole a disc that gives access to a defense network and gave it to an anti-American terrorist and the government blackmails Snake into getting it back for them. So he has to go to Los Angeles and get it back and for doing that he is given his freedom.<br/><br/>As I said previously the setting is actually very good. The United States had become a cesspool of corruption and people feared for their lives. In the year 2000 a huge Earthquake struck Los Angeles turning it into an island. Later a new president was elected onto a purely moral platform and he declared that Los Angeles was not apart of the United States and would exile people guilty of moral crimes there. The United States thus became a theocracy and a police state where all who refused to be Christian were considered dissidents and exiled.<br/><br/>The ending was good, but badwell. Snake Blisken walks out on top and the bad guys - the Americans and the terrorists, were all killed. The president, who was a sadistic man corrupted by power and deluded by this to believe that he could change America and make it a state of morality. In the end his beautiful state is destroyed, all through the actions of Snake Blisken, who simply did not care.<br/><br/>Another thing this movie addresses is the reliance that we have on technology. The key to this are the good old fashioned stick matches. They were the only non-technological things in the movie, and they symbolised that Snake did not need technology to survive. Throughout the movie, the President uses the threat of destroying people's technologya measure to keep control, but he relies on technology to do this. In the end Snake uses the Presidents technology against him and walks off lighting a cigarette with the matches showing us that he really does not need technology to survive.<br/><br/>I guess the reason that I gave this movie such a high rating was that it got better after the start, but there were still some really bad things about it, suchthe scene where Snake surfs a tidal wave and catches up with Steve Buschemi's character. Once again, the plot was contrived on the original plot in Escape from New York, and I would suggest that if you wanted to watch a movie like this, go for the original rather than this one - it is far better.
Loud, rollicking, alternately ultra-violent and hilarious, Escape from L.A. is Snake redux, and what more do you need, really?
Director John Carpenter commented just before the release of Escape From L.A. (1996) that IF this movie was successful then he would consider a third movie and that the only place left for Snake to escape from would be Earth. "Escape From Earth" was just an idea - Carpenter never even gave that title, it's just something people assumed it would be called.<br/><br/>Escape From L.A. evidentley was not a commercial success and so the idea of a third movie went no further than Carpenter's comment. Depends on your point of view. Snake's decision is to essentially turn Earth's history back to the Victorian era, pre-electricity, where a man like him would flourisha self-reliant gunfighter and despeardo. On the other hand it's suggested that humankind has deteriorated into tyranny so he essentially tears a corrupt society down and replaces it with a more egalitarian society 'Cabin in the Woods' style instead.
The House of the Dead: Overkill full movie hd 1080p download kickass movieMax Steel full movie online freeMasters of the Universe full movie hindi downloadEternal Love download moviesMinesweeper malayalam full movie free downloadThe Gracefield Incident dubbed hindi movie free download torrentRomancing the Stone full movie in hindi 720pA Sentimental Journey movie mp4 downloadPulang movie hindi free downloadSaturday Night tamil dubbed movie free download

last edited 217 weeks ago by Cornlistleschamp
Please log in to post a reply.